Set your sales and marketing strategies apart from the competition with advice from the experts.
L&T recently hosted two stellar webinars featuring sales and marketing experts from Oz Content and Criteria for Success. Here are some of the key takeaways from each:
6 Powerful Marketing Ideas for B2B Companies
Companies that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that deploy traditional marketing tactics, at a 62% lower cost. But in order to build and maintain a successful content platform, marketers need a steady stream of meaningful, valuable ideas for their blog pipeline. Catrinel Bartolomeu, Head of Content at Oz Content, shared six of her favorite content marketing ideas for B2B marketers looking to improve their brand’s SEO ranking, attract new clients, and grow audiences:
1. Expert Roundups: when a topic is so wide-reaching and complex that even a handful of interviews don’t do it justice, consider a roundup post. A well-executed expert roundup will deliver new traffic and backlinks (but you’ll have to work for it).
2. Research and Data-Based Posts: There’s nothing marketers love more than numbers, facts, and stats. Figure out what data you have access to that others don’t, and present it in an authoritative, shareable way.
3. Lessons Learned Post: People love posts that tap into a traditional narrative arc, and stories that cite a learning experience for your brand builds trust among your readers. Use these posts to showcase your brand’s human side.
4. Infographic: This one’s simple: infographics are 30% more likely to be read than text, and publishers that use them grow 12% faster.
5. Interactive Content: Audiences love any content you can click, move, manipulate, or generally interact with. Consider creating a calculator that lets visitors crunch numbers to derive something helpful, or a quiz about their knowledge of a particular industry.
6. Book Review or Author Q&A: Your audience doesn’t have time to read everything, but your brand can help them understand the major takeaways from leading industry texts.
Watch Bartolomeu’s webinar in its entirety here.
Social Selling for Enterprise Sales
In our second webinar, Rebecca Smith — marketing manager and sales coordinator at Criteria for Success (CFS) — taught listeners how best to combine standard tools, such as LinkedIn and Salesforce, with a simple process to create a winning ‘social selling’ playbook.
CFS works to transform traditional sales systems and increase sales performance for the organizations they assist. They recognized early on that busy sales executives often forget that new customers and clients are right under their nose, consuming inbound marketing materials and interacting with brands on social media. CFS has identified social selling as a key strategy for reaching these buyers and accelerating sales growth.
So what exactly is social selling? Smith defines it as using social media and social platforms to interact with prospects and customers. Salespeople provide value by answering prospects’ questions and offering thoughtful content until the prospect is ready to buy.
How can your team begin generating social leads? With excellent inbound marketing materials, of course! Newsletters, blogs, and social media are effective, affordable ways to reach new audiences of potential buyers. Smith lays out a detailed six-step process for converting these leads: examine interaction data; create a prospecting target list; flesh out profiles for social leads; develop a script for LinkedIn introductions; use email or inMail to reach out to prospects; and finally, track all responses. Smith’s efficient process will help sales and marketing professionals generate a larger volume of workable leads.
Watch Smith’s webinar in its entirety here.
Longneck and Thunderfoot offer B2B content marketing services and strategies to transform your company blog into a sophisticated trade publication that builds influence and visibility in your market. Learn more about B2B content marketing here.